Sorry I haven't been around in a while. A lot has happened in the last few days and its not all good.

Sunday night as we were watching TV, Scott's tongue started bleeding uncontrollably and I had to call 911. We were taken to a local hospital and they were no help. They just stuffed Scott's mouth with gauze so he can put pressure on it and after 4 hrs of doing so they sent us home.

Withing 45 minutes of being home, I had to call 911 again as he started bleeding even more than the first time. So much so that Scott blacked out and lost consciousness for a few seconds that seemed like an eternity.

This time we were taken to another hospital where they did so much more to help him. They immediately contacted his ENT and arranged to have him transported to another hospital where he can be seen by his cancer doctors as this was out of her range of knowledge (at least she was honest).

On Wed they did CAT scans and started the set up for rad. On Thursday he did the 2nd phase of the simulation and we were also informed that there is another tumor on his tongue and its big.

Radiation started the very same day and chemo starts Tuesday. He will receive Carboplatin 250 mg 8x and Paclitaxel 90 mg 8x. This will be once a week.

He will also be treated with another type of chemo that requires a special catherer to be inserted through a main artery by the growin area and comes up right into the tongue. I have forgotten the name of it right now - total blank.

Have any of you had this type of treatment before and what can I expect?

Its scary right about now. We are staying positive that the treatment will be succesful, if not, he will need to have his entire tongue removed.

Just when I thought things were starting to get better.

The bleeding from Sunday night came from the cancer. That is what the Oncologist explained to us.

Thanks for your support

wife to 36 yr old husband diagnosed with SCC on 7/6/05, tongue dissection and radical neck dissection on 7/15/05, 2nd biopsy on 9/15/05 and found carcinoma in-situ. Starting radiation and chemo on Oct 05