Hello, My Dad has had Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL)for 12 years (he's 75) with surgery, radiation and chemo with long periods of remission in between. Last week he was referred by dentist to oral surgeon who took biopsy of one of two spots on his tongueand all he knows so far is "it's malignant." He finished his most recent round of chemo for the NHL on January 28. He & Mom are in Chicago area, I'm in Kansas. He goes for another? biopsy with ENT doc on Wednesday. I am totally confused and they are so overwhelmed they don't make much sense on the phone. Wouldn't the chemo have treated the tongue cancer as well as the other lymph nodes (in his stomach) that were found in the course of NHL treatment? What docs/treatment centers are best in the Midwest? I am planning to go out there next week, but need some advance info. This is a great website, by the way, and I so appreciate having it.

Daughter of 75-yr-old Dad with tongue cancer (T3NOMO) surgery and rt neck dissec 4/27/05; completed 27 X IMRT on 7/01/05; recurrance w/ surgical removal of another SCC tumor on 10/7 (he's also nonHodgkins lymphoma survivor since 1/94)