I had a PET/CT scan two weeks ago, saw my oncologist wednesday. Nothing alarming in my head or lungs - hooray! But there is a mass next to one of my kidneys. He said 8 cm - now that is pretty big. I am going to an abdominal CT scan on monday 11/8 and to an urologist the next friday. The oncologist said the mass has nothing to do with the SCC, and that it did not look like cancer to him (did not light up on the iodide part, but on the glucose??? I am very confused).
I have tried to really figure out about all these different scans - apparently PET/CT is different from the plain CT, since I am having to get one of those separately.
Also, I am not supposed to drink anything for 4 hours before the scan. Excuse me, I have not gone four hours without a drink of water since May. A small sip of water, no more than the amount of saliva a "regular" person would swallow automatically every few minutes - what do you think?

Am I scared? Hell, yes.

We've got a brand new kitten, very friendly and lovable. My dog adores him.

Leena

scc right tonsil T1N1M0, right tonsillectomy + modified neck dissection 3/04, radiation IMRT both sides X33 ended 6/04.
Also had renal cell carcinoma, left kidney removed 11/04