You are all so wonderful. We need and really appreciate all the prayers and know that you are all in mine. This board has done so much to help me keep my perspective. You each have your own losses, pain, and fears. You all know how I feel. Where else can I get that understanding. When I began to realize this @^%$%#@ disease had taken his ability to eat and drink, probably forever changing his social life, I was heartbroken. But I never imagined for a moment it would also take his beautiful voice. Johnny Cash? No, Donny Nash. For real. It's just so cruel. It was 8 days in the hospital that he was unable to talk. I longed to hear it again. When they finally put the new trach in, he suprised me by calling me on the phone! I was at home totally unexpecting. I'll never forget how I felt that day, and I know how good it made him feel. I had become a first time grama the night before and his first words to me were "Hi Grama!" To loose that voice forever is unimaginable to me right now and to loose him... beyond comprehention. Next Wednesday when we go for the PET, they are FINALLY going to address the depression issues. I don't know what took so long. Just keeping on top of the physical stuff I guess. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you all sooo much for being here when I need to vent.
Karen

Caretaker/Longtime Girlfriend of Don. Dx 10/31/03 SCC Stage IV T2N3bMO right tonsil/tongue base. 35 IMRT w/8 Chemos,Biopsy 4/5/4 STILL pos. Radical rightside 4/12/4 Reoccurred late August 04 God took his hand from me November 23rd, 2004