Kelly, the word recurrence will stay in our mind for good. I am near my 3 year mark but the experience I had in July made me scared to death already. I had some kind of neck sore very similar to what I felt when diagnosed. I thought it could be just a flu and so I went to seek help from my ENT who said everything looked good and prescribed some antibiotics and flu med. However the pain did not go away and I had no other flu or cold symptoms. What made things worse was I got a call from my oncologist telling me that the reading of the tumor marker has elevated which might be an indicator of recurrence. If it were, it would not be in the primary site or neck area. It could be a spread to lung or liver. So he referred me to a PET/CT scan in another hospital. Could you imagine how I felt when I got the report a day later? I opened it with trembling hands. I couldn't understand some of the medical jargons but the last comment stating that no metastasis was identified made me feel much relieved. Somehow the pain was still there and even my oncologist told me not to worry, I insisted on worrying. To cut the long story short, the pain gradually disappeared when I was relaxing myself in a leisure trip to Singapore and Bintan Island. Now I am back to my normal self throwing the trouble away. So I can fully understand your fear. Very natural and normal. But worrying affects your health and won't improve the situation. Things you have to do now are to be proactive, get medical consultation to deal with your problem and stay calm. Easier said than done because I was once in your shoe too! Take good care of yourself and your baby.

Karen.

Karen stage 4B (T3N3M0)tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/2001.Concurrent chemo-radiation treatment ( XRT x 48 /Cisplatin x 4) ended in 12/01. Have been in remission ever since.