Ed,your story brought my memory back to yr 2001 when I discovered a swollen lymph node round the neck. It grew from the size of a pea to that of a goose egg within a very short period. In view of my healthy life habits, my ENT also suggested tuberculosis and I was prepared for 6 months' antibiotics. Of course I was wrong and the rest is history. Like most of you here, I went for second and third opinion trying to seek the best option plan. It was hard time making the final decision. I am glad today that I have made the right one. I was also worried about time delay and it was my wish that the treatment could begin the next day I was diagnosed but my oncologist said that the cancer has been in my body for a long time (could be over years) already and the waiting of 2 to 3 weeks didn't have much impact on the status. So I allowed myself to seek more opinions!
Ed, my stage of cancer is T2N3M0 and I wonder why yours is a M1 if it is just a spread to the lymph node under your jaw?

Karen stage 4 tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/01.

Karen stage 4B (T3N3M0)tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/2001.Concurrent chemo-radiation treatment ( XRT x 48 /Cisplatin x 4) ended in 12/01. Have been in remission ever since.