Hi there,
I have been suffering with a right sided sore throat for a year now. I have been to an ENT 6 times. He has done a scope 3 times, the last one being a few months ago. I had the pain when he did it. I had a ct of the neck and head done last October, a neck ultrasound, a neck x-ray, blood work and I think thats it. My ent says I have debris collecting in my right tonsil but he doesn't want to remove them. I'm 33 by the way. He says if I had cancer in my tonsil or throat he would have seen it. He said he won't even do a biopsy because he doesn't see any abnormal tissue that he could biopsy. I am still scared. My neck on that side hurts a bit, my throat (most of the time), it has gone away for maybe a week or two, but always comes back. I can see white stuff in that tonsil sometimes but I have picked them out and that tonsil still hurts. Sometimes my ear hurts too. I don't know what to think, the ent seems like a really thorough doctor, he doesn't feel any lumps in my neck which is quite thin. He said, not always, but most time there is a lump in the neck with these types of cancers. With the tests that I have had, would cancer most likely have been seen. I should mention that the tonsil that is giving me the problem is a bit smaller than the other one. The ent said if it were cancer it would be larger not smaller.
Thanks for any insight,
Michelle