Fainting can be caused by various things.

For the past 30 yrs, i sometimes have had a problem with it. Yet docs could not isolate a specific cause, so they cautioned me to standup slowly.

During the third month after rad/chemo treatment, i was especially prone to fainting. I had a PEG and nutrition/fluids were fine. I had heard from another head/neck person that radiation can cause harding and restricted flow of the carotid artery. The woman's husband had to have his cleaned out. So i had a sonograph test to assess my blood flow. All was fine. And wouldn't you know, after a few weeks the fainting stuff stopped and hasn't re-appeared during the past year.

i don't know if the rad/chemo treatment had anything to do with my fainting, but i know that the sonogram gave me peace of mind that blood could flowing normally to my head.

Has anyone had a problem with fainting due to artery flow restriction after radiation?

Stage IV SSC of mouth&throat found July 01. Simutaneous 35 rad & chemo finished Oct 01. Peg worked fine. Clear ct's & MRI's so no surgery. Eating school Jan-Nov 02. Nonsmoker. Back to biking and kayaking now that strength returns.