Thanks PeteyB,

I got big shoulders and don't let people beat me up. If you're prepared to give advice you have to be open to new information, differences of opinion and nay sayers. I just don't pass along or discuss issues that I am not versed in or can't give a professional opinion on.
Comments both positive and negative are healthy and help us all grow and learn.
As for oversights yup I've been there and at the same time have been on the other side. There is no perfect system and we are all human. There are a few who only worry about the dollar and social status...the dollars I recieve are attached to people and I owe them value for their dollar. The compassion, expertise and information I am able to provide for that dollar is only good if I recognize my limitations and then relay this to the patient and get them to the person who can help them.

Jerry: Great article!! Glad to see you championed your fight and turned it into something positive to help others. I only hope that I will be able to help you carry the torch. You are certainly aces in my books. Way to go! As for dentist suicide rates...well we're all hated..."...no offence doc. but, I hate dentists!"...ever heard that Jerry? I think many take this too seriously and to heart. Me...I do what I can and am open and honest with my patients. If I know I can't get along with someone I tell them and don't treat them. I then refer them to another office. Seems simple to me.

Cheers all, Live well!!
Mike

Dentist since 1995, 12 year Cancer Survivor, Father, Husband, Thankful to so many who supported me on my journey so far, and more than happy to comfort a friend.
Live, Laugh, Love & Learn.