Bonnie,

Welcome, I'm sure others will come along and answer most of your questions. I wanted to pass on what that happened with me.

I'm now 9mos post TX and most of my taste is back. I recently began eating salsa and Mexican food again with out too much pain. My taste isn't as it was but I'd say it's about 80 to 90% back.

Biotene products work well for my dry mouth and provide you with enzyme replacement to help with dental hygiene. The mouthwash doesn't burn at all. The gel is thick but it lasts a good while. It does take some getting used to though.

I weighed myself today and its official I now weigh more than when I started TX. My wife has been on a mission to help me gain my weight back and she has succeeded.

My energy level isn't the same. I don't think it's going to get much better. I think what holds me back is my mental state. I don't know if I'll ever shake these cancer blues.

Sometimes I feel mentally slower than I used to be and I forget things. I've heard it referred to as chemo brain. Kind of like PTSD, I think. Who knows?

Again Welcome
Tim

Tim Stoj
60 yr old. Dx Jun 06 with BOT Stage IV. Neck dissesction on 19 Jun 06. Started Tx on 21 Aug 06/completed 33 IMRTs and 3 CT (2 Cisplat & 1 Carboplat) on 5 Oct 06.