Well, its been almost a week now since my surgery and where am I? That I'm not quite sure!!!

Still no path results (good or bad thing????) and my pain has increased to the point my ENT has changed my tylenol w/codeine to Vicodin (which I can swallow - go figure!). Weight loss has been close to 10lbs largely due to the fact that eating has been very painful. Yet, it has been surprising what I have been able to tolerate and what I havent been able to tolerate... I have been eating eggs without too much problem (scrambled) and yet have difficulties with pudding. Ice Cream works!!! (YAY!!!) And last night I had Rotini noodles and velveeta for supper which worked!!

One piece of advice I have for anyone starting on their journey is to keep your loved ones happy!! My fiancee Janet has been just amazing through all of this, she has been my nurse, my counsellor and my companion. She has cheered me up when I have been down and my shoulder to cry on too. What I would have done without her I shudder to think!!

Well, thats all for now!!

take care everyone!

Dx:06/08/07 SCC left Lateral tongue Stage I/II
Tx: 07/09/07 Partial -10% approx. of tongue taken round 1cm x 3cm No rad/Chemo deemed necessary.....ex smoker
07/17/07 CLEAR MARGINS!!!
05/15/10 Sore has returned and will not leave.back to see ENT 05/17/10
04/07/11 Lump on neck.....ENT on 04/12/11