Hello Emmylou

My step-father passed away from lung cancer. He recieved his chemo treatments at the Miami Vetrans Hospital. Chemo is given intraveinously. He required no surgery. They took very good care of him.

With that said, "IF" your husband needs surgery and nuclear medicine, including radiation he would get the best care at a comprehensive cancer center (CCC).

You are in the heartland of N.C. I do not know where these Universities are located but they would provide you with the finest care available.

Wake Forrest
Duke
UNC

There are probally a few other CCC's in N. Carolina. See what the doctor at the VA suggests.

I think both the VA Hospital's in Greensboro and Raleigh have cancer treatment but I'm not sure. You might want to start investigating this now as you have a week befofe your dr. visit.

DX 3-21-07 L tongue,SCC Stage IV (T3N2MO) TX Slash/Burn/Poison Method.
***Rapid Aggressive Recurrence 8-4-07 with same DX/TX. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. Never Give Up! ****UPDATE**** Our dear friend Petey passed away, RIP 9-2-07