Dr. Phan, you have a wonderfully perceptive nature, and you are able to cut to the heart of matters in a way that I have not experienced before. I have had excellent care, but I would have benefitted from your concise explanations and realistic approach. I wish that NM were closer to Louisiana!

I am thankful that you discovered this site and offered your services. There are not many persons on this forum who use obturators, but with more specific support available, I'll bet that there will be more before long.

Thanks.

I go to my prosthodontist tomorrow.....2 hours out of town, but not as far away as NM....and I will go better armed to make my final decision about the attatchments.

For my information: Do you often recommend pterygoid or zygomatic implants for securing obturators?

And.....do you see much reconstructive surgery of palatal and maxillary surgical defects? or do most such patients find satisfactory results with the obturator and opt not to undergo the reconstruction?

Colleen--T-2N0M0 SCC dx'd 12/28/05...Hemi-maxillectomy, partial palatectomy, neck dissection 1/4/06....clear margins, neg. nodes....no radiation, no chemo....Cancer-free at 4 years!