Hello, my name is Irene
My husband has just been diagnosed with SCC. He is 57 years old. From when he had his CT scan to having a biopsy, it has taken five days. We are meeting with his doctor and oncologist tomorrow.

His first complaint was a lump on the left side of his neck, which was very tender, the doctor arranged a CT scan, then he had a biopsy. (Will have the results from this tomorrow) The primary site is on the base of his tongue. The tumour is slightly smaller than a sugar cube. They have told us they will not be surgically removing the tumour, but will treat it with 5 radiation treatments per week, plus one chemo per week. The surgeon will later remove his lymph node after treatment has finished. 18 months prior to this he suffered a heart attack. He is very fit, (lost over 35 lbs) complete change of lifestyle and now this. He does occasionally drink, used to smoke, but only socially.

We are both from England and presently residing in the USA.

Any suggestions or advice anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to make a list of questions to ask the doctors tomorrow.

Thank you.

irene