Hello to all of you brave people. I am a 1 year SCC Nasal Cavity & Sinus cancer survivor.
I still can't believe it has been 11 months since I finished my grueling treatment. It is nice to know that there is a place that we can go to and share our concerns, experience & guidance.To be able to say I am a survivor is so precious to me. As many of you know it's a tough road. No one knows unless they have been there. November 7,2005 was the horrible day I recieved the Cancer call. To be 39 years old and a fitness instructor and to hear those words were a shock to me and my family & friends.

So the journey began with an 8 1/2 hour tumor removal & reconstruction of my face then came a month to recover which at that time I started a new job. My new supervisor hired me knowing my cancer diagnoses. Bless her heart!!! Then came the preperation of treatment. January 17th is when the feeding tube was put in and the following Monday I had my first radiation & chemo treatment. That continued every day for the next 6 weeks. 6 rounds of chemo & 30 radiation treatments. It was one of the hardest things my family I had had to go through. Not to mention that my best friend got diagnosed with colon cancer 2 weeks after my diagnoses. It is truly a miracle that we are both now so far cancer free!!!!! We are truly blessed. I know that we still have a long way to go but we are hopefull.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story!!!

Cindy