I am sorry to hear about your brother, hopefully you will be able to get some answers you are looking for on this site. I def would try socail services and meidcaid I know in NY you qualift with a cancer diagnosis, even though my husband is the only one working with a decent income, we could still qualify with a spend down. So I am not sure on other states but I would try to find out. Do you think he would consisder relocating ? Is that even possible ? He wil need all the help and support he can get to get through this, and he is lucky to have you there. One thing I learned is to make a list if questions to take to Drs so i wouldnt forget or become so overwhelmed. Def find out the stage and all treatment options. And mention insurance issue to dr to , sometimes they will have an idea about how to help , as far as SS # not being around I have a cousin who works for Social Security and I can ask her tomorrow what she suggest he do about that and I can get back to you . YOu can always email me to and maybe I can even get you in direct contact with her . Hang in there one day and one thing at a time that is the only way to even try to get through this.

Sharlee
35 year old Female Non smoker, very occasional alcohol ..Scc T1N0M0,partial glossectomy and left neck disection ,2/9/07 No rad deemed ness. 4/16 tonsillectomy ..Trimengenial Neuralga due to surgery