Hello. First, I want to say I am very thankful to have been told about this site. I am however a bit electronically challenged (not to mentioned scatterbrained at this point), so I am unsure if I am posting in the right place. My husband is currently undergoing tx at MDACC in Houston for SCC BOT stage IV. We are from Georgia. He was dx in 10/06 and began tx in 11/06. He completed 2 cycles of taxotere, cisplatin and 5FU for a total of 5 days. He was very sick and was hospitalized after both cycles with mucositis and neutropenic temperature. He is now receiving once a week Erbitux (x5) along with IMRT. He has had 4 Erbitux and has completed 12 IMRT. He is starting with the sore throat, sore tongue and mouth sores, but at this point he is still managing to eat. He is using salt and soda solution and Salicept swishes. I am wondering if anyone out there has had this treatment regimen and also any input would be greatly appreciated.

amy cole, caregiver to husband, stage IV BOT, dx 10/06, 2 cyles induction chemo (cisplatin, taxotere, 5FU), 33 IMRT with weekly Erbitux, completed 3/07.