Hi,
I am now two weeks into treatment with radiotherapy and weekly Cisplatin - for 6 weeks. I had scc of the tongue, two left lymph nodes and underwent a neck dissection and fore-arm free flap transplant back in December. I have also read and feared the side effects, but so far have been okay, despite the consultant's dire warnings about the cisplatin bringing forward the radiatio side effects. It's true that my mouth has become a little uncomfortable over the weekend and tomatoes are now off my eating list, but I want to persevere with the eating as long as I can, despite having a Peg tube fitted. I don't want to sound like I am tempting fate, but I haven't felt any nausea, nor is my skin sore yet. I know that this is a long road, but every day that's okay is good!!
David's detailed experieince and tyhose of everyone else has been really helpful for me to find out what is normal and what not to worry too much about. After all the treatment is worth it and this too will pass:)Sending you positive thoughts:)
Georgia
Georgia