Hi everybody,

I wished I had found this great site earlier than just yesterday. I hope I can contribute something from my own experience for the benefit of others as well as benefit myself from advice when I will face difficult choices or even receive comfort should times get tougher than they are right now.

Right now I am making a little progress every day in recovering from the damage I have suffered in radiation treatment at MD Anderson until Nov 17th.

Mucositis was very bad, has healed almost completely, swallowing was extremely painful to almost impossible, is getting much better, but still painful.

So I still rely on my feeding tube (directly into the stomach)that was installed about 10 weeks ago for nutrition and medication intake. All I swallow is lots of tea.

I am still on very heavy pain medication (Methadone) and cannot yet wean off, although I try all the time to reduce at least a little.

Tomorrow I face my first check-up after the radiation treatment and I am very anxious to know whether the ordeal has paid off.

So, this in a nutshell is my cancer story. Let me know if I can be of assistance in any way.

Abraham

age 58, father of four, base of tongue cancer T2,N0,M0 diagnosed in Aug 2006 in Berlin, radiation completed Nov 2006 at MD Anderson, first check-up showed no current cancer to be found. :-)Keeping fingers (and everything else) crossed at all times !.