I am new to this site. New to internet postings too. I am recently diagnosed with microinvasive squamouse cell carcinoma of my tongue and lining of teeth. 4 1/2 years ago I had my first diagnosis and had surgery to remove 1/3 of my tongue and a neck dissection. Dr. said he got it all and not further treatments were needed. I did all my follow up and then this summer, dysplasti lesions were found. I had two surgeries and more tongue removed. Changed Doctors and in Nov. a biopsy revealed the cancer. Since surgery was not doing much to help, radiation was chosen as my mode of therapy. I have had 7 treatments of 39 and they have hit me like a ton of bricks. Mouth is sore, loss of tasted, sores on my tongue, loss of appetitie. This has really scared me. I don't know if I can do this. Will it get worse? My Doctor says yes. But to stick with them and it will get better. But right now I am miserable and its so early in the treatment stage. Does anyone have any suggestions on the mouth sores. I irrigate 4 times daily with home irrigation (water, salt and soda) and I have a commerical product too called Prevention Oncology Mouth Rinse.

bb, tongue cancer surgery/neck dissection Stage 1 2002, reoccurance 10/2006 and beginning 39 radiation treatments