Hi guys, Im Laura, I introduced myself back in November. After surgery and agreeing to remove one of my molars, Im starting radiation therapy today. Ive been actively reading all of your posts, I don't post often since I feel I don't have much to offer as far as advice or experience , yet.

It's been a whirlwind of medications, doctors, hospital visits between my appointments with oral surgeons, ent, radiologist, tests , etc plus my daughter's hospitalization, and 6 weeks of iv meds at home. She is finally back to her normal self and hopefully will be feeling good for a long period before having to do another round of ivs. My daughter is 7 btw, and has gone through what some of you have since her diagnosis at 9 months old with cystic fibrosis. She has a mickey-button (g-tube), nissan fundiplication, and port-a-cath. She has gone through 5 surgeries,3 bronchoscopies and numerous tests, tune-ups ,etc. If my beautiful baby can go through everything she does. I will get through radiation tx too.

Im really scared. More that I won't be able to care for her, or be a good mommy to her during all of this. Hopefully I will. I also have a small bump where they removed my molar from a few weeks ago, slightly worried about it as well. I guess after diagnosis of cancer in your mouth you inspect it like never before...lol. People/family probably think Im driving myself nuts and worrying for nothing. Not sure they understand what Im going through.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas/ Holiday. I spoiled my kids rotten. It was a lot of fun! The radiologist told me I probably wouldn't feel any affects for a few weeks , so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy a nice dinner/ movie out with my family for New Year's.

Anyhow, if anyone has any suggestions or advice for side affects for tx, please throw them at me!

Laura T T2NOMO Small Salivary Gland Cancer