I have been lurking since my husband was diagnosed in late September and felt like I should finally introduce myself.

My husband was diagnosed with Stage 1 BOT SCC in late September. He has 7 of 35 IMRT radiation to go. We will be so happy to get this over with. It has been exhausting. These boards have helped me tremendously.

My husband had been having a sharp pain in his neck for several months when he first saw a dr. The dr. did not find anything, pronounced him healthy. He then found an ENT (who is wonderful, btw). Despite 2 CTs, an ultrasound, and physical exams she also found nothing. My husband kept insisting that he was not a hypochondriac and that he really needed to find out why he had this pain in his neck that was not going away. She gave him the option of a PET scan or biopsy. She reccommended the PET scan since it is less invasive. It came back with a suspicious area. She then biopsied and it came back as cancer on the bot.

Everyone is somewhat shocked that we caught it so early. Thank goodness we did.

He is being treated at Johns Hopkins. He has all the usual side effects. He got hit like a train the third week in. He went from very little side effects to all of them and immense pain in about two days. He has a morphine pump which causes its own issues. It is always something around here!

Wife/CG to husband SCC BOT Stage 1 N0M0. Finished treatment (IMRT x 35) 12/26/06. Doing great now!