Hi Penny,

Just wanted to welcome you here. You will find lots of information here. It will take time to read but it is very helpful.

I know you are over whelmed by all of this. We all were when told we had SCC. Glad to see your daughter is here as well to support you. 2 heads are better than one.

I am now 8 months past treatment and starting to do well. It is a long road to travel but you can do it. Here you will find the support you need to make your experience a little less painful.

You will have good days and Bad ones too. Just know that we all understand and are here for you. As you read you will find the answers to a lot of your questions. If your are not sure just post it and someone will try and answer for you.

I found if I just took one situation at a time it was easier. It was to much to try and take it all in at once. Take one day at a time.

take care
Diane

2004 SCC R.tip 1/4 tongue Oct. 2005 R. Neck SCC cancer/Chemo Cisplatin 2x/8wks. Rad. Removed Jugular vein, Lymph gland & some neck muscle. TX finished 1/20/06... B.Cancer 3/29/07 Finished 6/07 Bi-op 7/15/09 SCC in-situ, laser surgery removed from 1st. sight. Right jaw replacement 11/3/14. 9 yrs cancer free as of Jan. 2015