UCLA is a comprehensive cancer treatment center, a teaching institution, as well as a respected research facility. Take a look at the resources page of the main site, and there is a link to UCLA there where you can explore the facility and services they provide.

The Vice Chancellor of the UCLA Medical System, Dr. Callander, who was the head and neck surgeon that did my neck dissection when he was chief of medicine at MDACC, is on the OCF science advisory board. Dr. Wong who is the saliva diagnostics pioneer for early detection of oral cancer and other diseases, is also there and on the OCF science advisory board, representing the field of molecular biology.

I might add that I am like Gary in that my intraoral disease was treated with radiation and not surgery, and the only surgery I had was my ND. I was in the hospital 3 days for the dissection and came back a week or so later to have the staples out. I did not get a second opinion, but went directly to one of the best CCC's in the world, MDACC in Houston. I had a tumor board review of all my scans and was reexamined physically by all the members of the board who then came up with a joint decision on my treatment plan. I am now 8 years out and doing well.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.