Please let me introduce myself. This is my first time in a Forum of any kind. I was thrilled to find a Forum which appears to be so legitimate, factual , sensitive and particular to the topic.I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue 5 years ago. It looked like I had survivedit and moved on with my life. Unfortuanately it just returned and I have been through round 2 these past few weeks with a tongue reconstruction, another neck dissection etc. Since I do not fit the profile of an oral cancer patient not being a smoker or drinker and am in generally good health, this recurrence is a mystery to all of my doctors. I don't knkow where to begin to start over again. I don't knowhere to get any good advice as towhat to do now and I can' find anyone who can tell me how to start a program of prevention so that I don't have to confront a round 3. If anyone can give me any advice it wold be greatly appreciated. I've found that my surgeon, although one of the best, leaves me at the end of the surgery to fend for myslelf. What do I do now?
Marianne

dob 12/22/45
2002 DX SCC Stge 4,tumor lft sde tongue,surgery

2005 recur Stge 4 tumor lft side tongue
surgery, flap, XRT
2010 recurr. Stge 4, tumor rt sde tongue
surgery, flap, chemo, radiat. Port, PEG
2010 Peritonitis, liver abc., bacter. infections
2011 Exposed jawb. HBO