Linda,
As Brian wrote, I also live in Houston and am a patient at MDACC who also underwent radiation treatments. The people there know what they are doing and they saved my life and I am very thankful for that. Having said that...you must realize that M.D. Anderson is a very large hospital that treats thousands of people and at times you can get lost in the shuffle. It can be a bit of a cattle call.
As others on this forum will tell you, you must learn to be your own advocate. If you have questions, ask them...don't let the doctor just rush off to his next patient. If you are waiting for what seems like an unreasonable period of time...get up and complain to someone. Meet your patient advocate, meet a social worker at the Wellness center and find out what free programs are available to help you with counseling or anything else that they offer.
You will learn most of what you need and get lots of support right here on this site.
Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to correspond.

I wish you all the best on your upcoming journey.

Danny G.

Stage IV Base of Tongue SCC
Diagnosed July 1, 2002, chemo and radiation treatments completed beginning of Sept/02.