Sarah,

I'm glad you found this site, but I'm sorry you needed to find it -- especially as a new mom at 32. You ARE fortunate to be in an area where there should be extensive cancer treatment resources. Please be sure that your team is made up of doctors who treat many oral cancer cases.

I know there has been discussion elsewhere on this forum within the past few months about the rationale for radiating one side or both -- you may be able to find that using the Search function, or you may hear specifically from people who have had to address that recently. Don't hesitate to ask plenty of questions of your doctors as you prepare for radiation, and if you can take a family member or friend to your appointments (to help take notes and be an extra set of ears), it's a good idea.

Feel free also to post your questions and concerns here -- you'll find lots of support and answers.

Cathy

Tongue SCC (T2M0N0), poorly differentiated, diagnosed 3/89, partial glossectomy and neck dissection 4/89, radiation from early June to late August 1989