Thanks for all the information I have accumulated on this website to help my brother. He's had some complications but hopefully nothing too bad. Got an infection after having teeth pulled. That seems to have cleared up. Had an allergic reaction to the dye in the CAT scan so now they give him something to counteract it before the scans. Couldn't get the feeder tube in the first try to they're going to use a cat scan to put it in. Unfortunately its on the same day his port goes in and he has his first treatment of chemo and radiation. They've decided to keep him overnight because of doing so many things on the same day. He has about an hour drive so I'm glad of that. His wife is still trying to keep working but will take sick days and vacation down the road to drive him back and forth. The family has bought him just about one of everything recommended on this website. When he finds out what works the best then we'll keep him supplied. Of all the things he's wondering about now is will he lose all his hair. I think he feels like its the only thing left that makes him look like himself. No teeth and all.
Again thank you to all of you. Thanks Brian for checking in and Joanne for your e-mails. The roller coaster is just taking off. I hope in the future this ride leaves without anyone having to be on board