Well my general anesthesia surgery-- for an expanded biopsy for the focal micro invasive oral squamous cell carcinoma and a throat scoping-- is scheduled for Feb 20 2024. The one patient portal has it listed as a planned partial glossectomy, although the surgeon didn't use that phrase I don't think. I guess it is "partial glossectomy" if you remove any portion of the tongue, or perhaps he is leaving the extent of the procedure open, depending on how things look.

I am all for removal of anything that looks suspicious.

Surgeon did say there should be no lasting loss of function for speech, appearance, or taste, based on the size and apparent location.

Not sure how much worse the recovery may be, but I'll be home that night if all goes as planned.

Didn't come across too many folks on here who found and treated lesions that were graded just above carcinoma in situ and just micro-invasive.

Dana Farber is reviewing pathology slides from the biopsy. Not clear if I'll hear their conclusions before the pre-operation phone consultation before the surgery or not.

Ok falling asleep from plowing the interstate for this last snow storm the past 3 days. Sorry for the poor grammar and sentence "logic". But that is what my process is looking like so far.

So that is the current plan.

11/07/2019 Moderate Epithelial Dysplasia of right lateral tongue
1/01/2024 Focal microinvasive squamous cell carcinoma right lateral tongue