i'd like to preface by stating i do not have cancer. i joined the forum before my tumor was biopsied and i didn't know, but the advice on here has been insanely helpful and i figured if anyone had experience with this type of issue, it would be here.
a little over a week ago i got my coronoid process tumor removed. there were extreme complications and by the end of the surgery i was within an inch of my life. i was saved by blood transfusions and im very grateful.
the first week post-op went well but now i am stuck with this unbearable nerve pain. i need to see my doctor to diagnose but i have a feeling something happened with the trigeminal nerve in the process. it feels like someone is shooting me down my chin CONSTANTLY. the pain isn't relieved by tylenol or motrin which i've been taking like clockwork. if it's not zapping electrical pain then it feels like i'm just sunburnt across my face. i also have lost a little bit of motor function and can't use or feel the right side of my mouth or tongue. i'm 18 and this is just very discouraging. any advice on how to adjust to the new normal or the pain would be so appreciated.