Just like Earl, I no longer have a tongue, fortunately I can swallow a bit, but, most is through my tube. Been at it since last July.

My wife, daughter and myself took a Caribbean cruise in December last year, I took my blender and some O-ring syringes, only had to use the blender once. We spoke with the dining room Mgrs and they had everything blended for me!
From breakfasts in the dining room, the buffet at lunch or odd hours ( filled a plate, or 2) the chef liquified it for me they even put it in large mugs so I could get it all, even dinners. Looked at the menu the evening before and they had it ready for us when we hit the dining room. The only thing they said they couldn’t do was the mozzarella sticks, gooped up the processor.

At the end of each meal I added some water, made it thin enough to drink, and had a decent taste of my meals.

I was very worried about the trip, took bunch of stuff along just in case. I think I put on a couple lbs, too.
My point is, don’t be afraid to talk to kitchen staff.

1st time around was 2010, Sqamous Cell Carcinoma. Radiation, chemo, surgery: Radical neck dissection.
Cancer free until 2021.
This time around, started 2021, tumors on tongue.
May 2021 partial glossectomy, October ‘21 removal of a few more recurring on tongue.
February til May 2022 immunotherapy....no improvement
July 2022, total glossectomy, living the new normal.
PET February’23 another SCC on neck....next surgery April ‘23, see where it goes from here.
Still fighting.