This is my 1st time on a group forum for my condition.
I try not to let it define me, just part of my life.
Trying to keep a sense of humor.
Thought this was behind me back in 2010, after the radical neck dissection everything got back to normal, then in early ‘21 my tongue felt strange, thought I’d slept with dentures and bit my tongue.....denture Dr said I should see my head and neck guy. That led to the last 3 surgeries (culminated with total glossectomy) feeding tube, bad speech, bad swallowing, etc.
Early February the last PET scan indicated another tumor, we’re gonna cut that out Monday the 10th.

I really want to rage about the damage that the immunotherapy did to the rest of me, but it’s been almost a year and I’m improving, but not where I was before it.

The only place I’ve really been ill is my mouth...never very still, try to stay busy in my wood shop, the garden and with the chickens, I can finally pick up a 50lb bag of feed, repairing hurricane damage from September and other stuff, now getting my throat cut again,

1st time around was 2010, Sqamous Cell Carcinoma. Radiation, chemo, surgery: Radical neck dissection.
Cancer free until 2021.
This time around, started 2021, tumors on tongue.
May 2021 partial glossectomy, October ‘21 removal of a few more recurring on tongue.
February til May 2022 immunotherapy....no improvement
July 2022, total glossectomy, living the new normal.
PET February’23 another SCC on neck....next surgery April ‘23, see where it goes from here.
Still fighting.