Jill,
I am very sorry to hear about your father.
I don't know how much help I can be since I am fairly new here myself.

When your father had SCC in August of 2005 did they ever do a pet-scan prior to his treatment to determine if the cancer was anywhere else? Did they do a CT scan also?
And what stage was the cancer in 8/2005?
Are they saying the cancer has spread or has it just come back in the same area?
I think you need to do what ever it takes to fight this. I know it's a very stressful and
emotional time for you and your father.

My mom is 70yrs old. She has SCC on right lateral tongue. She had it back in l986 and l988- just had surgery to remove it. Been fine until 2003 had partial glossectomy for dysplasia(abnormal cells). Now she has SCC again. Just had surgery 2 wks ago. Had 1/2 her tongue removed. CT scan normal. She will then be going through radiation soon. They are saying stage 1.
I am myself very upset and worried. All I can do is take one day at a time.
My mom has never smoked a day in her life.
Your father has been through this once. I am very sorry that he has to go through it again.
That's why I was asking about the staging and other tests. It's hard to believe that it has come back in a matter of 10 weeks.
Call the dr. everyday to try to get the Pet-scan results. My understanding was they should be able to get the results the same day.
If there is anything I can do, or you just need to talk to someone let me know.

I will keep you and your father in my prayers.

Michelle