Hi Pam,

My treatments are going ok. I'm glad that's one week down and only five and a half to go. Tiredness has hit me hard twice so far. Once on Thursday and then most of today. Today was pretty much because I didn't look after myself very well yesterday and I'm so annoyed about it. I didn't carry any Ensure with me when I was out and I met a couple of friends for a soft drink in a pub. I only had 700 calories in 10 hours. So I've paid for it today. Cold, shakey. I've now got tinnitus in my ears. I've phoned the emergency hospital number but as I'm not in any pain and have no temperature they won't do anything about it. At least it'll be made on my notes so that my medical team know. They might have to change my treatment plan with the cisplatin, maybe do it in smaller weekly sessions instead. I think my bladder would be happy.

Today I'm finding things difficult though. I need some alone time and I'm not getting it. I'm always with someone, either at home or at hospital. It's driving me crazy. I'm starting to get annoyed at my husband, whether it's because he can eat normally or that he is smoking (my sense of smell has got more sensitive) to that he doesn't see the house in the way that I do and I'm finding it dirty. He goes away for work for a night in a couple of weeks time so I've called a couple of friends over to help me get the house done.

I'm having to bite my tongue, so to speak, to stop me from nagging and being really picky on things, such as how the bathroom door was left not quite open but not quite closed, so kept banging in the breeze. I know this is because I need to be able to control something in my life, but it's not fair on him with me being such a douche.

I've not been given any cream from the hospital so I'm using pure aloe vera and a product by a company called moogoo. It's quite good. The swelling around my scars is going down and my face is nearly normal. I just want to ease the tightness I get where it feels like you just haven't moisturised enough. I'll get there though.

I've got myself a waterpik, that is so helpful. I use it at least 4 times a day. I will make up a small bottle of bicarbonate of soda, salt mouthwash to help when the mucus hits. I'm oversalivating more now, but no mucus yet.

I have a nutri-blend which is smaller and similar but I haven't made any more smoothies. I've lost interest in eating, so am relying on my daily intake of Ensure plus to sustain me, but I think that's down to feeling fuller quiker, the tiredness and generally feeling a little down. I've not had many down days so I'm accepting it for what it is and know that tomorrow is a new day and I'm hoping will bring a better mood.

Sorry to hear Scott has starting having soreness when he swallows. I hope he's able to get some comfort.

Best wishes to you too

Dizz

F 39 x-smoker no alcohol
05/20/19 T4aN1/N2bM0 SCC a whopper of a tumour at 8cm long & 4cm wide
Pembro pre & post surgery
RIG
Glossectomy ND RFFR 08/13/19
RT x33
2x cispltin
So far, no evidence of disease
Now an author of a recipe book for mouth cancer patients