It has been quite a while since I have posted or replied. I developed a sore on the left side of my tongue, my ENT did a biopsy earlier this week, it came back positive. ENT has ordered scans on the 10th and discussion on surgery on the 15th.. Over the phone he said the best way he thinks to deal with this is another partial glossectomy and left neck disection, 3 years ago I had a right partial glossectomy and right neck dissection from this ENT, none of the lymph nodes showed any kind of cancer. So I asked what were the possibilities (this is over the phone) that I have a left partial glossectomy with out the neck disection since the right side was clear. It seems to me that the ENT's thinking is that it is standard procedure to do a neck dissection with the partial glossectomy. Maybe it is. I find it very difficult to agree with him on the left neck dissection and really don't want to go through this procedure again.
I need some thoughts about getting a partial glossectomy on the left side with out the neck dissection.
I had scans done last April which both my ENT and radioncolgist said every thing looked fine!
Please correct me if my thinking is wrong. If the lymph nodes in my neck do show positive for cancer will it not just be a matter of time that the other lymph nodes in my body will be effected and will be a slow death sentence no matter what they do.

Murphy...

5/31/16 Partial Glossectomy
Right neck dissection
22 teeth extracted
Six weeks of radiation Ended 8/19/16
2/8/17 Biopsy of epiglottis-cancerous
35 radiation treatments to the throat, End 11/17/17
8/23/19 Tongue reconstruction, left radical neck dissection