mcgee
Member # 2787

posted March 03, 2006 03:19 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone, I am new here. My mother 70yrs just found out she has squamous cell carcinoma to her right lateral tongue. She first got this back in 1986 and they did surgery. then more surgery in 1988. Has been fine until 3 years ago had surgery on her tongue again because came back as dysplasia. Now it is cancer stage 2 on side of tongue. She had a ct scan of her neck and everything is normal. Went to ent dr. he is going to do surgery again, possible skin graft. told her that she will still be able to swallow the same. Since is has come back again he said she will have radiation. I questioned him testing any lymph nodes and he said he was not going to since ct scan was normal and she will be having radiation anyhow. I just very scared for her. My mother has never smoked a day in her life.
She has been going to the ent dr. every 3 months for checkups anyhow. She was just there in DEC.
I'm just a little shocked he did not see anything then.
My mother is in good health. I'm just scared for her to go through radiation and the side effects.

She has been dealing with this cancer so long. Had been fine since 1989 until dysplasia showed in 2003 and now it's cancer again. Just very worried about her. I try to stay positive to help her.
Thanks for listening. I would appreciate any feed back.
I will continue to pray for all.

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tongue SCC (T2M0N0), poorly differentiated, diagnosed 3/89, partial glossectomy and neck dissection 4/89, radiation from early June to late August 1989