Welcome to OCF, Suzi!!! Im sorry I missed your post!!! By now I hope you have found an ENT who specializes in treating oral cancer (OC) patients. If not, please find one to check your mouth and the areas of concern. It could be any number of things going on including as you suspect, some sort of side effect from the medications. Hopefully its not OC!!! If it would be, you already have found the very best place for up to date and correct medical info and support.

As a former smoker who has been thru wayyy too many things from a direct result of my tobacco usage, please try your very best to eliminate all forms of tobacco from your life. Please do your very best to use this scare as a motivator to quit smoking. Its not easy to quit. Once you make up your mind you are ready to quit and find what motivates you then I know you can do it. When I was first diagnosed with OC in 2007, I started cutting back on my smoking until the shock of my cancer diagnosis wore off then I could focus on eliminating smoking and tobacco dependancy. Please try to quit. I know its not easy, if I can do it I know others can too. It really can make a difference in yoru life weather you are diagnosed with cancer or not. I know you will feel so much healthier when you are free from tobacco usage.

Please keep us posted on hiw yoiu make out. Best wishes!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma