Hello, a few weeks back I posted about an upcoming incisional biopsy for leukoplakia on the bottom of my tongue. The surgery is less than two weeks away and I am a mess. I don't know if paranoia has set in or what is happening but I feel like I have neck pain, jaw pain, ear pain, tingling on my tongue, you name it, I am feeling it, or thinking I am feeling it. I know that I just have to wait and see what happens, but I also know that bottom of tongue leukoplakia is the most likely to turn into oral cancer. I don't feel like I can talk to anyone. My husband says we need to wait it out and not to panic, and I just don't feel like I can express my fear to anyone else right now. My 10-year-old is sensing my stress and anxiety and it is making her anxious. I don't do well with waiting. To make it all worse, I am a teacher and I have to face explaining this to my 168 students next week. I know I don't have to tell them everything, but I also need to make them aware that my talking might be harder and strange when I come back. I don't know what I am looking for other than someone to talk to and to just know there are people out there who understand because I am terrified.
Thanks for listening,
Sara

42 years old, past smoker and social drinker
Lesion on left lateral of tongue identified and biopsied August 2016
Incisional biopsy outpatient surgery scheduled October 31, 2018
All biopsy results have been negative for cancer