Does anyone have experience with bone growth, or Tori, coming through there gums? Normally, they are large and round, and don't protrude through the gums. But in my case, I have had two so far under my lower back molar which were sharp, like the end of a toothpick, come through the gum under the molar.
The oral surgeon was able to flick them off with a tool, but said he would have to use more advanced procedures if they get worse or move to a wider area. He said it is probably due to blood flow, and very thin gum tissue in that area.
If anyone has experience with this, is there anything that can help prevent these, like calcium or some other supplements? The oral surgeon wasn't aware of anything, besides Hyperbaric oxygen therapy. I am about 3 1/2 months post rads and chemo.

Enlarged left cervical lymph node in neck on 1/9/18. Male, age 60. Had retired from working as a computer technician and a project manager for almost 38 years, on 7/1/17.
Node was removed 1/16/18 and found to have SCC P16.
Chest xray clean.
Since then, PET/CT, slight activity left parotid, possible malignancy left lingual tonsil. MRI clean.
3 endoscopies, nothing seen.
2/26/18 Larryngoscopy,primary not found.
TORS 3/23/18 lingual tonsil biopsy.,biopsy negative.
Chemo/rads started 4/18/18.