Welcome to OCF, Johnny! You have found the very best place to get info and support. Theres so many stories and other things on the patient support forum you can learn from reading. You can also spend hours reading and learning more about your illness, procedures, etc on the main OCF site as well.

It sounds like you have considerable experience with oral cancer from your 17 years of dealing with it. Thats a very long time as Im sure I dont have to tell you!!! Oral cancer (OC) is a difficult cancer to fight for most patients but it can be doable, especially with our help. The best thing you can do is what I advise (some would call it nagging... LOL) all our members who are just starting out... focus on your intake and start eating all your favorite foods so you dont go into anything with cravings.

I suggest reaching out to The American Cancer Society (avail 24/7/365) and ask about their medication vouchers, help with transportation costs, and volunteer driver programs. We have a list of financial aid located on the main OCF site you can check into. I dont know the criteria of each site but you may get lucky and get some help, at least I hope you will.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma