Thanks Kristen for your information and experiences. Please tell me more about your OC. You say that your first diagnosis was just surgery? And then did the OC come back again? What happened after that?

I had my 4 week post rads visit w/ my oncologist and he was very pleased with my healing. I truly give all the credit to having a VitaMix and using my feeding tube as much as I have. Good nutrition has gotten me through. I also met with my speech pathologist and she said it's time to start eating more orally. It's something I've actually avoided because it just doesn't feel good. Although I have the MM, lidocaine gel and even lollipops to numb my mouth, it doesn't feel good. Food gets stuck below my reconstruction area, on top of the reconstructed tongue and I don't have the muscle function to move it around. I know that will come from me working on it, but it's not fun in the interim! Something I have to get used to.

Yes, the name Kristen does mean stubborn and refuses to give up! I can't tell you how many people are telling me to slow down! They are also reminding me of all that I've accomplished in such a short amount of time.

We cancer survivors are amazing! My oncology nurse said the only worse cancer to bounce back from is anal. I consider myself lucky!!!

Kristen S.
Stage 3 SCC Surgery 2/18
35 radiation treatments-completed 6/18