You will find that quite a few people on this forum had to forego the third chemo. My husband had to because he developed serious deep veined thrombosis. His neutrophils were so low at that point that he couldn’t even get the medication fo the DVT. It did recover after a few days. The chemo doctor at Princess Margaret Hospital, who is a leader in her field, told me that he would be alright with only two chemo treatments. I also met other patients at the chemo unit there who could not get the third chemo because of the low neutrophils.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.