Moving, please take a deep breath. As anyone here will tell you, it's not cancer until the biopsy unequivocally says it is. I realize it's hard to keep the anxiety down: I'm a classic worrier and have sat where you are. But I urge you not to jump to the (usual of course, can't fight human nature) morbid conclusions. Even if it IS malignant - and I'm only saying this to reassure you, not in any way as predictive - the world today is a place of great treatments and modalities.

So again, I urge you to sit down, look around, and realize that the medical community is there to help you, as are we. And that this could turn out to be something benign.

We're all here for you. Please rant on all you want. I'm sure others will weigh in with similar and even more-educated advice.

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18