Have you figured out what the pain is? I was having pain, nerve pain we think, before my recent dental work. Was on my second neurologist to sort it out, because as far as we could tell it wasn't technically related to any of the cancer surgeries I had. (Could have been nerve damage due to treatment, who knows...) Anyway, I ended up having to have all my teeth removed, unexpectedly, due to damage ... was expecting only a handful to have to come out ... and as a bizarre side effect, the pain has gone away. We had narrowed my probabilities down to trigeminal neuralgia and / or TMJ ... it probably still is or was, but it's kind of hard to grind your teeth when you don't have any, so if that's what it was, that pressure was relieved, at least! (It's the one good thing to come out of this insanity.) I'm in my 40s and wasn't planning to face any of this sort of dental work for a long time yet, since my cancer wasn't as big a deal as what you dealt with, but radiation does what radiation does.

Not sure if any of this will help you at all or not ... but the pain relief was an unexpected bonus out of a bad situation for me. Might be for you, as well.

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads
2/14/14 halfway through carboplatin/taxotere and rads
March '14, Tx done, port out w/ complications, PEG out in June