As an update and a plea for some guidance....

It's been since November,2017 since I posted this. I've tried Acupuncture and other stress reducing techniques. The former actually released some tension in my tongue tip, but the lump has gotten bigger. I feel it all of the time and it drives me nuts - I play with it in my mouth constantly The pain isn't as bad, but it's definitely bigger. I met an ENT at the CLE clinic that looked at my CT scan and did an exam and said it's not cancer. He offered to shoot botox and cortisone in the tip if speech therapy didn't help. The stretching did some, but not a lot. In the process of having blood work done, I learned I have MTHFR, which is a gene mutation issue. In effect, my body can't rid of toxins well. Supplements are needed to keep me healthy - those are the extreme cliff notes. Folate becomes an issue as my body can't process it well. So, I need to take a supplement that has a lot of folate (avoid folic acid) and keep the B12 up. Interesting to me is that some tongue issues surround a lack of folate and B12. I almost wondered if this was all connected, but why would it impact only one side of my tongue? That seems odd to me. I bring up the MTHFR issue because botox is a toxin, so I don't know that putting that in my body/tongue is a good idea. I pushed away and asked for the cortisone shot and he balked. It was then that he basically pushed me away - professional, but I could tell he was more concerned with working on cancer patients. I get it. So I went back to my local ENT and he looked at my tongue and said it's bigger than it was 90-days ago. He suggested a biopsy, which I go under for on 5/25. I'm concerned as the tongue lump doesn't come out if the tongue is relaxed. But, it's always stiff in that area of my tongue. If I use my tongue, the lumps pops out and it's hard to move that portion of my tongue. It feels large, stiff and sore. I'm sure the biopsy will help, but I don't know what to do if it comes back as "nothing." My tongue is clearly bigger on that side, sore and stiff.

Would welcome any additional input. Thank you!