I'm a bit confused about all the mouthcare products I have.

I have Chlorohexidine Gluconate 0.12%. This is what the hospital gave me while I had a trach in. They used oral swabs to freshen my mouth a bit with it. I use it now as a rinse and spit mouthwash. My dentist told me to keep using that, and also to use Biotene dry mouth mouthwash, PreviDent 5000 Plus high fluoride toothpaste, a fluoride mouthwash (alcohol free), and a fluoride gel. The dentist also told me to ask about the Princess Margaret Mouthwash when I go to Toronto for a follow up next week. Both the mouthwash and the gel say not to eat / drink / rinse for 30 minutes after using. However, based on mouthcare after 3 meals and 1 snack a day (and quite a few appts etc) there doesn't seem to be enough time to leave both products on for 30 minutes. So, this is my current schedule:

4x daily, after meals/snacks - rinse with Chlorohexidine Gluconate, brush with fluoride toothpaste, rinse with fluoride mouthwash, use toothbrush to apply fluoride gel. Then I don't eat or drink for 30 minutes. I'm thinking that when the current bottle of Chlorohexidine Gluconate runs out I won't ask for a new prescription.

When I get up, and other times as needed including middle of the night - rinse with Biotene mouthwash.

Does this sound like a reasonable mouthcare schedule after surgery? Continuing on when I start radiation?

Mary

Mouth/tongue cancer dx Feb 2018.
Surgery Apr 2018, partial glossectomy, tongue reconstruction (radial forearm flap donor site), neck dissection.
Tumour 2.5 cm, 0.8 cm deep.
Histologic grade G3 Poorly differentiated.
3 of 25 lymph nodes involved max size 0.6 cm.
pT2pN2b (stage 4a)
Chemo Radiation June / July 2018. Completed 35 rads, 2 of the 3 chemos.