Hi,

My wife was misdiagnosed for more than 6 months. We just found out on Tuesday she has gingival OSCC. She has already lost 4 teeth, which in the big picture are not the end all. But I'm concerned about the delays.

We went up to Boston Medical Center and further delay to get imaging (next Friday) because they want insurance approvals first. Time is ticking and I want to go to other hospitals for other opinion. We live on Cape Cod. We are most probably going to Dana Farber next week. I'm seeing that Johns Hopkins is highly rated in this area. Boston MC said that she will need to have a piece of her jaw removed, a bone taken from her fibula will be used to fashion a new jaw, they will also take some lymph nodes for pathology.

I have a personal affinity for Johns Hopkins as I had my prostate biopsy sent there for a second opinion and they knocked down my Gleason score to a 7 from an 8. They are world leaders in reading prostate biopsies.

I want the best outcome possible for my wife and we are willing to travel to obtain that. So please let me know any thoughts or give me any advise you can about this situation.

Thank you,
Tim

WIFE:
Dx 4/17/18
T4aN1M0
Opdivo (5/9/18 & 5/23/18)
Surgery (5/29/18)
Radiation (7/6-8/27/18)