Thanks to all for your concern. I've had a real 'experience.' After all the time in the hospital fighting blood infections,I was really too weak to go ahead with chemo and radiation. I did have about two weeks to recover but in reality it wasn't enough. In spite of my weakness, the doctors wanted to proceed and they did what was necessary to keep me going. My daughter was available to drive me to treatments every day. Some days, I needed a wheelchair at the hospital to get to the treatment room.

Not that I'm not grateful for the treatment– but I'm even more grateful that it's over. In spite of the difficulties, I completed the 7 weeks on March 6. So, it has been 7 weeks and I'm just beginning to feel 'human' again. I'm having "swallowing" therapy now. I'll see the radiation doctor this week and he'll probably want a PET scan to see where I stand. The chemo doctor was glad to release me and said that they (doctors) had not expected me to complete the series after the "rocky" start that I had. I confessed that there were times that I didn't want to 'take it' any more. Thank God for my daughter. She was my greatest blessing through the process.

On the positive side, I think I was very lucky to not have so many bad side affects. The worst problem was a very sore throat for about a week and a half. The next was the incredible fatigue and weakness, which is finally improving.

Thanks again for your support!