We got the dreaded confirmation today. My husband's biopsy indicates stage 3 oral cancer. The dentist said it is stage 3. I cannot find that on the report, but I assume he knows. I know no one here is a doctor, but if anyone has any insight I would appreciate it. The report is over my head. I know we need to get an oncologist asap. But for now I sure would appreciate any encouragement about stage 3 that anyone has to offer. I am so scared.
The report itself says "Diagnosis : Tongue, Lateral right, biopsy: Epithelial dysplasia mild. Microscopic Description Tongue, Lateral Right: Histologic examination reveals an ulcerated stratified squamous epithelium and underlying fibrous connective tissue. The epithelium demonstrates parabasilar hyperplasia, cellular disorientation, and increased mitotic activity which extends approximately one third the distance up from the basal cells. Note: becausr dysplasia and carcinoma can occur simultaneously, all lesions diagnosed as dysplasia must either be removed or monitored with care.
Anatomic site procedure and clinical impression : tongue, lateral right: Biopsy Squamous cell carcinoma.

MRSB