[size:11pt][/size]
I am not really brand new here, I was a member 7-9 years ago or so. But as I moved on & was doing well, I faded away, so now I've set up new account. My issues are post radiation & chemo issues. Started last year with dental issues, and had 1 molar extracted only-so not so bad! Other issues are the usual: no saliva, taste compromised, loss & difficulty of hearing, etc,etc. But biggest issue right now is my swallowing. Has gotten so bad, I choke, gag, regurgitate, out through nose; you know-all the GOOD stuff! 11 years out. Had barium video swallow study, which found several issues, including a webbing somewhere down there. Both radiology & speech/swallow therapist wrote reports on results. Then esophagram, which agreed with others. 3rd procedure endoscopy; but that was aborted when he couldn't get scope past a stenosis (stricture?) upper esophagus. So beyond that, nothing could be seen, including the unknown webbing. Back to ENT, who said dilation maybe could be done, but referred me to H&N oncology surgeon. She agreed with the risk of tearing, as seems very fibrotic. She will confer with another colleague and also back to the ENT to decide just what is my best path forward. Brian read my post on another site and reached out to me, since he has had this same personal experience. I am hoping to talk with him today, haven't been feeling very hopeful lately. PS-no idea how to add signature---????
2007 diiagnosis of stg IV squamous cell, unknown primary. Excised 3.1 cm for that diagnosis. Pet found at least 3 other node involvements, all on right side. Cisplatin, could only tolerate 2, with concurrent 35 rads at 70 gys. Modified right neck dissection 3.5 month later. 13 nodes, all clean. NED since then. Thank you!

2007 Stg IV SCC, unknown primary
Excised 3.1 cm for diagnosis. PET found 3+ other node involvements, all on R side. Cisplatin, only tolerate 2 doses, w/ concurrent 35 rads @ 70 gys. Mod R neck dis 3.5 month later. 13 nodes, all clean
NED